Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2009

Do or die?

“Lois Lane”

Do or die?




Just because of a coin rolling across the streets…
A twenty-five centavos,
My life changed forever.

It ran so hasty like a flash
Events came across too fast
I heard those shouts
Worried? Terrified? Why?
For a coin?

Then, a strong force made my body stiff
My legs felt bruised
I swear,
I saw that scary buzzard at the corner of my eyes
As I heard whispers like buzzing bees around my ears
Then, all things were turn to black
All I can see were red sirens
Blinking around my numb body
And it was all gone…

I open my eyes again and saw a pale skinned blue boy
Propped up by pillows and covered with a sheet up to his waist
Lying peacefully at the bed of white at my side
An innocent prince in his deep slumber
With a placid smile plastered onto his face
Like a frail fighter under mermaid’s spell
We were in a white wide room
With freaky gadgets around us and
Intricate white designs painted and tiled onto the walls and floor

I dare to touch his face
To feel his silent sufferings
But I couldn’t.
I stopped.
My hands? My fingers?
I couldn’t grasp him.
I stared again to the thin creature in my front.
His lackluster nose. His livid cheeks. His pale lips.
I knew it!
Reality stroke me.
Tears fell unconsciously.

Then for once, I heard those buzzing bees again.
Trepidation attacked.
Cold breeze swept my feeble body.

Clouds enshrouds my wits.
Yes,I’m the main actor at my own stage.
The best and most admired.
True friends. Amorous family.
Near ideal life.
That’s all I have.
Perfect Ryoma Echizen of Tenimyu.
They say.

Then, these things happen.
I’m not Ryoma anymore.
Someone played my role for me
At the stage supposedly for mine.
Ryoma, a tennis prodigy,
A fighter. Strong.
But I, now a fragile figure just watching the new Echizen on stage.

Things must be put back.
I faced this wishy-washy young man beside my bed.
Whispering those flimsy words.
“Wake up and stand up!”
One. Two. Three.
I waited.
Four. Five. Six.
I saw bright white ran across my whole being.
A hand offering mine’s.
My mind shouted for rebuff.
But my body spoke another.
I felt cold.

Those deafening buzz, I heard again.
Louder and louder.
Then, a silent shout of my heart tears.
A thread ran across my fingers
Encircling around my thumb.

I heard those growl of thunder from the sky
Rain started to drop.
Seven. Eight. Nine.
Ten. Serenity.

I couldn’t let Charon brought me to Hades.
I couldn’t let worms feasted on my scrawny body.
I couldn’t let my arc fall down.
I couldn’t let my lamp dimm’d.
Cause the person Pluto challenged is not just a pefect guy
But rather a perfect warrior.


-Shiela F. Irinco-
ABE 3-1

No comments: