Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Twinkle twinkle little star when can I have my Ferrari car?


I'm now trying to think of how hard life is. I work everyday for 8 hours just to have enough cash for my expensive getaways. Every payment day, I can't resist buying new clothes, kpop stuffs, concert or trip tickets or even trying a new resto on the block with my family. After a day or two days of living in luxury, here we go to the primitive days. We’re back to the basic. No more enough money in my Tongyang ATM card >_ When I was in college, I can't even afford to buy new pants or shirts. I just buy my stuffs at the ALL TEN PESOS TIANGGE or Ukay-ukay. I can't even eat in Jollibee every weekend. Life was just so simple during that time. I was just contented to watch my Japanese or Korean addictions on the internet. If there's a concert, I'll just say, maybe I'll be there next time...hopefully. I'm just contented watching concert fancams of those privileged kids on Youtube. I just dream at night that I was on their positions. But when I woke up the next day, I was already happy and at ease.
Since elementary, I would actually think studying was really my daily routine. I wake up...play with my twin sister...go to school...study...study...and study. That was my life! Every end of the year, I would expect medals for the two of us. It seems like it was just normal to receive those things because we're used to it and there's nothing new and exciting about getting those ribbons, medals or trophies. But my parents were not very strict and didn't force us to study hard just to get those recognitions. We just studied because we want to and we don't think of anything to do. We thought this is our way to get all the things we want in the future. After those years, I realized that I just can use those medals to bargain in Recto, certificates to be "pandingas"
I would say that I have two goals in my life as I grow up. First, to have enough money to sustain all our needs and even our wants. Second, to live happily with my family. And these two goals were not too easy to get.
In the kind of country like the Philippines, we couldn't avoid to strive for the best. We wanted to have better life because we were exposed to poverty and corruption. We wanted to move on as a third world country. We hope to be a country that could jump to richness and fame with US, China, UK and Japan.
In my work as an English Instructor Associate in a Korean company, many workers would actually aim to be the best in order to get more incentives and recognitions from the managers which mean more cash for your waiting palms. You couldn't afford to be the last person on the list. But since other teachers would tend to look for greener pastures, they transfer to another company which offers higher salary.
But try to think of it. Why do we look for more if we can just lessen our finances? Sometimes, the amount of expenses was more than our income. The salary was enough and not below the minimum wage. The only problem here was the way we handle our money. Philippines couldn't be rich at all in the future if all of us were like this. Complains here and complains there.Just like what I've said before, I accepted the fact that I also bought unnecessary things first before those needs.
Simplicity of life-that's the missing words in our life now. As new technology booms, we tried to be updated too. We bought newly released gadgets that would actually satisfy our craving boast. Shopaholics would try to buy for the trending clothes and killer shoes. And those manufacturing companies would try to produce and create more new things because the more the merrier for their monkey businesses. This is the cycle of making money. We knew it from the very beginning and yet we are still avid fangirls and fanboys of this addand pleasures. Maybe, if those things were not invented from the very start, maybe that's the time Philippine economy will be fine.

No comments: