Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2009

Hidden Talent

“To elevate on top, perseverance and confidence should lift your foot up to the tread of ability and capacity.”

Before, if someone asks me, “What’s your talent?” I often reply, “I don’t know yet.” Befuddle? Confuse? Thinking? Yes, I am. I know my abilities in terms of singing, dancing, writing poems and other genre, drawing or even playing such kind of sports can’t be the least on the list. I can do everything. I’m such a type of person that will exert too much effort for one work whatever happens just to get a good result out of it. I don’t want to disappoint anyone. But still, I can’t be proud of it just to say that I’m talented and gifted. Everyone can do the same like me. But to excel on it is out of my capacity.

When Sir Pacelli told our class that we need to have a major production for our final examination, I immediately thought that it’ll be just an ordinary play, not knowing that it will pave way in finding and discovering my own talent that I can be proud of. During workshops under our president and director Paolo, I really tried my best to give my whole abilities, not because I wanted to get a major character but I wanted to test myself if shyness and lack of self-confidence are still my hindrances in showing what I can.

Then the day came for the audition when we need to choose for the eight main characters for Cinderella Musical. I was very happy to know that Shiena and I were chosen to be stepsisters. But the true challenge will not end there. We still need to prove that our classmate’s votes are worthy. So as September 12 came, everyone is nervous. Before the play proper, I evoke all the hard works, sweats, determination and different moments of emotion of our nerve- wrecking practices. I really laid my whole life for this. I’m not only enjoying but also I’m enhancing and developing my acting skill. So, this is it! The lights are now on us as the curtain in our front goes up. This is my time to shine. This is my time to show my talent. This is my moment!

After the play, I can feel the huge bag of bliss, contentment and satisfaction on my heart. I can feel the drops of joyful tears on my delighted face. It looks like I’m in the cloud nine of the seventh heaven flying with Pegasus alongside with the songs of the Muses as the Graces dance charmingly with Apollo’s symphony.

I can’t believe that I can do act like that. At last, I have something to be treasured as a gift of talent from the Almighty God.

Now for me, the true talented and gifted are those who can boost, develop and share their forte as they stand out or somehow be one of the best and capture the good impressions of the people who see their knack.

“The plant will bear fruit if you will cultivate it patiently everyday.” And I already get the fruit of my plant. If someone will ask me now of my talent, I’ll immediately and proudly reply, “I can act well!”

No comments: